School of Surveying and Planning

Kingston University London
Penryhn Road
Kingston upon Thames

Tel: 020 8417 2706 / 7190
Fax: 020 8417 7078



There are many grants available to help with the cost of some of the actions listed on this website. Some grants are specifically aimed at those who are on low incomes and receiving benefits already so it is worth checking whether you are getting all the help that you can.

Energy Saving Trust Grant Checker

The best way to find the grants that are available to you is to call your local Energy Saving Trust on 0800 512 012. You can also check for yourself on their website
More information

Disabled Facilities Grants

Disabled Facilities Grants are available to owners and tenants in both private and social housing up to a to a limit of £30,000 to adapt your home for easier mobility.
More information

Pension Credit

Tops up your weekly income if it is below a certain level and you are over 60. If you are over 65 and have some savings or a second pension but your weekly income is still low you can get an extra Savings Credit on top of basic Guaranteed Pension Credit.
More information

Council Tax Benefit

The maximum reduction is 100%. If you live on your own at any age you should pay 25% less on your Council Tax.
More informaton

Housing Benefit

You may get Housing Benefit if you pay rent and your income and capital (savings and investments) are below a certain level. This benefit covers all or a portion of your rent.
More information

Attendence Allowance

For people aged 65 or over who need help with personal care such as washing and dressing because they are physically or mentally disabled. You can get this allowance even if you are not getting the care you need. The allowance is a weekly payment that depends on the amount of help that you need.
More information

Disability Living Allowance

For people under 65 who need help with personal care or have walking difficulties because they are physically or mentally disabled. There are two components to this allowance and you can qualify for either or both of them.
More information


To apply for Pension Credit, Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Benefit call the Pension Service 0800 99 1234 or textphone 0800 169 0133. You will need to have your National Insurance number, past work details, and details of your current income and savings, with you when you call.

To apply for Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance call the Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 88 22 00 or textphone 0800 24 33 55


These Tips are compiled from a variety of web and literature sources
More information can be found on the Energy Saving trust website
Event Calendar
June 2018
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

download project poster